WE INVEST IN DREAMS
Helping YOUR Business Write Better Ads Since 2019
Already have an idea? Fill out the few questions below!
What We Do
We’re a performance-based, full service agency that does more than just sales and branding: we speak fluent internet. That means we create scroll-stopping images, words that get people thinking [WOW], and marketing strategies that ensure our other talents don’t get lost in the digital abyss.
Everyone from dental practices to dog toy companies, education providers and dynamic little start-ups work with us to get results.
In fact, we’re proven to help businesses increase their sales from 6 to 7 figures a month. So, when it comes to performance-based creatives, we’ll take you where you need to go. Meaning you can get back the more important stuff (like inventing the world’s chewiest dog toy).
We handle everything from data to creative, growth to consulting. It’s our ability to laser-focus on a specific goal and message that sets us apart.
– You need ads tailored to build awareness, tempt more research, convert window shoppers and remind your customers you still have plenty to offer. Sometimes these ads overlap. Sometimes they don’t. One thing’s for sure – at The Block Bard we know the pointiest end of the marketing funnel is customer loyalty. So we’ll always make the most of your budget, and best of your brand.
Many people know the #1 Reason Websites AND Ads don’t convert their customers is Sales-Copy, yet they still neglect to hire a professional..
The amount of agencies we’ve worked with who didn’t even have a copywriter in the advertising industry is astounding, and part of what sets us apart when it comes to making the most of your BRAND.
With an offer like “Our Ads Will Beat Yours, or Your Money-Back!” our business depends on delivering to YOURS the most bang for buck, no matter what.. Hence our longer-than-industry-average onboarding process, and Discovery Calls.
We wish we could work with everyone!
Latest from Business & Growth !
NEVER MISS ANOTHER POST Build that Boss brain of Your’s with Business & Growth right in your inbox Every Tuesday!
Latest from Culture & Humanities !
NEVER MISS ANOTHER POST Get Culture & Humanities straight to your inbox!
Latest from Historical Poems! A division of TheBlockBard Classics
Founder The Block Bard
Subscribe to our Blog, and get weekly knowledge straight to your inbox!
Unsubscribe at anytime. P.S. (most people don’t) 🙂
“If you leave your growth to randomness, you will always live in the land of mediocrity.”
Culture & Humanities
Business & Growth
Case Studies / Proof Pudding
300%+ More Sales With $0.23 Cent Ad Cost Per Click (Per Appointment)
King & Co Barber Studio is a Greater Metropolitan Calgary-based hair studio offering premium men’s grooming.
Since buying the company, Ace identified online marketing as a critical sales channel. (Especially during this pandemic where people are stuck at home, but still in need of haircuts unless they want to look like cavemen!) However, attracting customers, and managing advertisements proved to be an ongoing challenge for Ace.
After experiencing a few slow days, King & Co approached The Block Bard with the following objectives:
1. Dramatically reducing cost-per-lead to a profitable level.
2. Increasing volume of qualified leads because women don’t use barbers.
3. Assisting with the online launch of new opening/ownership.
4. Implementing and testing new ideas and optimizing them weekly for performance progress.
How the objectives were hit
1. Rebuilt and re-organized existing brand copywriting in order to build trust, loyalty, and sharply sharply reduce cost per conversion.
2. Created target audience that still made each member feel as if they were an individual.
3. Provided One-Liner/Slogan, Company description/message, and different forms of trial and error Ad-Copy.
4. Set up Facebook Ad split tests in order to steadily improve conversion rates.
- Lead and sales volume increases by 300%+.
- Cost per click dropped from $0.76 cents, (our original; client didn’t have an ad running) to $0.23 cents. That means 86 Link Clicks per $20 Ad Spend!
- Profitability and growth improve dramatically in line with goals and projections.
- Complete management of Facebook, Instagram, and Google aligned in one, so King & Co can focus on doing what they do best. Givin’ Top-Notch service!
“I had met Mac from The Block Bard previously and found him not only to be authoritative in copywriting and marketing, but also able to explain the issues in simple terms I could comprehend.
What are the results? Leads and sales have increased by over 300%, while our cost per click has dropped to $0.23 cents, returning us to profitability and growth.”
King & Co Barber Studio
$5.36 (CPM) Cost Per Message (Quote Inquiry)
Before TBB, WindowVia was operating with an outdated approach to marketing and sales. The presence of many all-over-the-place, disparate systems, and little communication between marketing and sales, resulted in a weakened approach that had many inaccuracies and inefficiencies. The customer journey was fragmented, with inconsistent messaging (copywriting) across different stages of ‘The Buyer’s Journey’. On a functional level, too, marketing and sales were experiencing their own issues.
From a marketing perspective, there was little clarity of information around leads and how to track them. While the website was attracting leads, it was failing to close them… “One prospect even went so far as to compliment my website without even buying the service!” Says, WindowVia Owner: Dan R.
Lead generation is where all revenue growth begins. “The lack of sales predictability and the challenge of converting a lead into a customer, be it a consumer or business, is a top concern companies of all sizes face.” says Salvatore Minetti, CEO at Fountech Ventures.
As a marketer, you need to know exactly how well your strategies are working (or not) in order to find ways to improve and optimize. Let’s break the measurement process down to some simple steps.
What they wanted
1. Increase conversion rate to a profitable level.
2. Get Business Contracts (B2B Sales) By targeting more qualified leads.
3. Implement and test new ideas Like CRM management, Customer review funnels, Fixed Quotes, and Varied Pricing, et cetera to see which gets the best conversions.
What we Did
1. Created and restructured previous brand copywriting in order to maximize customer understanding, ease of access, AND interest, during ‘The Buyer’s Journey’ by providing One-Liner/Slogan, Company description/Message, and different forms of trial and error Ad-Copy, and Pricing Techniques.
2. Created Target Audience (Lead List).
3. Tested different Ad-Objectives, and measured their performance for comparison such as: Get More Messages, Get More Page Likes, Get More Website Clicks, Etc.
How it worked
- Cost Per Message ranged from $5.63 – $8.46, This means per $175 spent on Ads, 31 messages would be sent. And if they close just 10 (30%) of those leads on a minimum service of $200, that is $2000 in revenue per $175 spent!
11.215% Decrease in Community Crime Over 3 Years (2016-2019)
The Block Bard’s ‘CRIME DON’T PAY’ Initiative coming soon to a community near you!
Since its implementation in 2016, The Block Bard’s ‘Crime Don’t Pay’ initiative has seen a substantial decrease in reported crime in the community of Ranchlands, Calgary, AB. whereupon it was created. While fighting a steady influx in subsidized family housing, Ranchlands began to start seeing its crime rates sky rocket. This was a growing problem. Cars were being broken into at night, windows smashed, and items stolen. Drugs were coming into the community at such an alarming rate that one of Calgary’s smallest neighbourhoods saw it fitting to sub-contract a private police helicopter and spend a minimum $200 dollars a day on fuel simply circling from above. And as a community cannot by-itself reach out and ask for the help it needs to protect itself, it was up to her citizens to step forward by becoming leaders through example.
The ‘Crime Don’t Pay’ initiative uses one of the World’s most cheapest and successful crime reduction strategies to date. Contagious to every citizen it touches… almost all of the most affective role-models we have are Male, with a past-criminal-history. This is because criminals can relate to criminals, more-so than they can to some white-collared judge who may have never experienced poverty or subsidy in his or her life. They can also understand these struggling citizens (usually younger, but not always) by speaking to them from a place of sympathetic reason, rather than authoritative position. Also since the majority of the crimes committed are by men –and we even believe most of the crimes committed by women are heavily influenced by men, Men are our target.
(By deterring men from living lives of crime, we can in-turn deter more women, than would we had we focussed our efforts entirely on women, or even both genders).
“If it is man who makes the crime, then it must be man who takes the crime. For man to delay the crime, is not the same as man to pay the crime.” –MLA
- In 2012, 73.8 percent of all arrestees were males. Males accounted for 80.1 percent of persons arrested for violent crimes and for 62.6 percent of persons arrested for property crimes.
- Males comprised 88.7 percent of persons arrested for murder and non negligent manslaughter in 2012.
- Of the total number of persons arrested for drug abuse violations, 79.7 percent were males.
- Females accounted for 43.1 percent of all persons arrested for larceny-theft offences in 2012.
- Of persons arrested for aggravated assault in 2012, 22.9 percent were females.
WHY IT WORKS
People tend to commit crime for 1 of 2 reasons: #1. They want or need something. #2. They want or need the thrill.
– By giving people the opportunities, education, or both to succeed, and more importantly, the confidence to know that they can succeed; we address #1. – But we don’t just pull people from a lifestyle of jail, poverty, and addiction, (traits that usually coincide with or influence crime) it has to be replaced with something more virtuous, something more whole. And without even noticing we’ve put some of those people directly in the world’s of business and politics, philanthropy and community engagement, et cetera. This addresses #2.
WHAT IT WORKS
Criminals act with intent, they are careful planners (in most cases) and edgy outside-of-the-box thinkers. In other words, they have spirit. Once that spirit has broken free from its evil let us say chaotic restraints, or chains of adamantine, it is quick to see its past delusions, and then runs with its newly cultivated philosophy of philanthropy (helping others) or something similarly virtuous by nature.
WHEN IT WORKS
Police don’t stop crime, people do. Police merely intervene once the crime has already been commit. And all the influence that the police do have is surrounding the consequences and repercussions one will receive only after committing such crimes and getting caught… This is no method for crime prevention, a fear-based system will never work in the western-world where freedom is in most cases valued higher than order. And why should it? When one can say something like $%&* the President! and then run for office the next year. We like our freedoms, and if we wish to keep them we should use them responsibly. And teach others how to do so as well.
HOW IT WORKS
If you are a lover of the humanities and humanity, a spreader of good-news, a business or sales-person, a teacher, tutor, healthcare-worker, philosopher, entrepreneur, art-student, or any other person of studied influence… you may, and likely are, affecting with your everyday speech and actions, the crimes rates of your community.
If you wish to learn more about what you can do, and how to help, give us a shout on my main page, or email us email@example.com. We find with a background (foundation) in the humanities, and a foreground (construction) in business, most people can easily quit the crime cold-turkey!
WE INVEST IN DREAMS
We Help Your Business Not Write Bad Ads
Already have an idea? Fill out the few questions below!